Hey Everyone! Megan Here!
So lately, Bartley and I have been trying to get on a stricter budget and save money. Finding things to do on date night can get expensive! Definitely not something we can budget for every weekend. So here is a list of 23 Free or Cheap Date Ideas we have been doing or are planning to do!
23 Free or Cheap Date Ideas
- Make a unique meal together that typically is not in your meal plans.Look for recipes on Pinterest, try out that recipe on Facebook you shared, or watch a cooking show and find something to make! But most importantly make it together!
- Plan a movie marathon! Snacks are a must!
- Do a puzzle together! This is actually one of our favorites!
- Dust off an old board game you haven’t played in a while.
- Restore a piece of furniture. We restored a coffee table, and can’t wait to start our next project.
- Have a picnic! This can be indoor or outdoor.
- Visit a farmer’s market and pick up stuff for a meal.
- Go for a hike.
- Bake and decorate a cake together.
- Visit estate sales, maybe pick up a piece of furniture to restore.
- Have a pizza night and make your own pizzas.
- Make an ultimate sundae and enjoy while binge watching a TV show.
- Visit a local museum.
- Volunteer together.
- Fly a kite.
- Visit a fruit orchard or farm.
- Have a romantic dinner at home.
- Go see a high school or college play.
- Grill food together.
- Look through photo albums.
- Plant a garden.
- Take some time to look at the stars.
- Learn or try out hobbies that your spouse likes. I found something new that I now enjoy when I started playing video games with my husband.
I hope you can use some of these ideas when you are planning your next date night!
Be sure to read our disclaimer: Here!